Casting is the manufacturing process of pouring a liquid into a mould for it to then solidify.
Casting allows a duplicate of your original piece to be created.
The silicone moulding process allows incredibly accurate and detailed copies to be made from any number of materials.
- Stone based products and plasters
- Resins- Polyester, Polyurethane, Epoxy, ‘Water- clear’, flexible, rigid
- Cold cast alloys including copper, aluminium, brass, and bronze
- Foams- rigid, flexible, expanding
- Silicones, Opaque, translucent, soft and flexible, firm and long wearing, stretchy, dense, skin safe, food safe
I can cast single pieces, batches and short casting runs, all the way up to hundreds of pieces.
Once I have created the mould any number of castings can be produced from it.
A ‘gang mould’ or multiple moulds can also be made if a large number of castings is required.
You can view previous examples of my work in the moulding/casting gallery.